Leont'ev Mikhail Aleksandrovich, Postgraduate student, Saratov Medical Institute “Reabilitation, Doctor and Health” (building 10 Verkhny rynok street, Saratov, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Rodzaevskaya Elena Borisovna, Doctor of biology sciences, professor, sub-department of morphology and pathology, Saratov Medical Institute “Reabilitation, Doctor and Health” (building 10 Verkhny rynok street, Saratov, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pylaev Timofey Evgen'evich, Candidate of biological sciences, researcher, laboratory of nanobiotechnology, Institute of Biochemistry and Physiology of Plants and Microorganisms, Russian Academy of Sciences (13 Entuziastov avenue, Saratov, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Leont'eva Anastasiya Vladimirovna, Anesthesiologist-resuscitator, intensive care unit and intensive newborn therapy, Clinical perinatal center of the Saratov region (33 Zernovaya street, Saratov, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maslyakov Vladimir Vladimirovich, Doctor of medical sciences, professor, head of the sub-department of clinical medicine, Saratov Medical Institute “Reabilitation, Doctor and Health” (building 10 Verkhny rynok street, Saratov, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Background. Herein, we present the investigation of the morphofunctional properties of newborn platelets at normal and various pathological processes (acute / chronic hypoxia, syndrome of the systemic inflammatory response (SIRS)), performed with the use of the vital staining technique.
Materials and methods. Clinical samples of the platelets of peripheral blood of newborns (in norm and in pathology), vital staining with two fluorescent dyes (trypaflavin and acridine orange).
Results. The heterogeneity of the newborns platelets population, their adhesive activity, the regularities of change of the morphofunctional properties were determined in the examined pathological processes.
Conclusions. We conclude that newborn platelets at normal conditions and under the influence of acute hypoxia have morphofunctional heterogeneity, with no significant alterations of the morphofunctional properties. The influence of chronic hypoxia
displaces a moderate decrease in the functionality of platelets. The evident decrease in the number of granules and adhesive activity was detected for platelets from neonates with SIRS, which in turn, causes the imperfection of platelet hemostasis and increases the risk of hemorrhagic complications.
1. Ree I. M. C., Fustolo-Gunnink S. F., Bekker V., Fijnvandraat K. J., Steggerda S. J., Lopriore E. PloS one. 2017, vol. 12, no. 10, p. 0185581.
2. Antonov A. G., Arestova N. N., Baybarina E. N. et al. Neonatologiya: natsional'noe rukovodstvo [Neonatology: national guidance]. Moscow: GEOTAR-media, 2009, 848 p.
3. Makarov M. S. Osobennosti morfofunktsional'nogo statusa trombotsitov cheloveka v norme i pri patologii: dis. kand. biol. nauk [Features of the morphofunctional status of human platelets in health and disease: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of biological sciences]. Moscow, 2013, 126 p.
4. Khvatov V. B., Makarov M. S., Borovkova N. V. Klinicheskaya laboratornaya diagnostika [Clinical laboratory diagnosis]. 2013, no. 7, pp. 58–61.
5. Ferkau A. et al. BMC veterinary research. 2013, vol. 9, no. 1, p. 112.